Happy Holidays from the North Whidbey Pool, Park & Recreation District Staff!
The North Whidbey Pool, Park, and Recreation District was formed by approval of the voters of the District in November 1977 for the purpose of financing the construction of recreational facilities on North Whidbey. The District is a separate municipal corporation, and is not in any way affiliated with the City of Oak Harbor or Island County Government. The District boundaries conform to those of Oak Harbor School District No. 201.
In November 1980 District voters approved a $1,700,000 bond issue for the purpose of constructing a community center that included a swimming pool. The John Vanderzicht Memorial Pool opened in January 1983. The District receives revenue from programs fees and from a levy on property taxes if approved by the voters of the District.
The District also owns and operates Clover Valley Park which is located off of Ault Field Road at the intersection of Oak Harbor St. Clover Valley has an off-leash dog park and two ball fields available for use.
The main pool is a 6-lane and measures 25 meter by 44 feet. The wading pool measures 44 feet by 22 feet. Both pools combined have a capacity of 200,330 gallons of water.
There is also a hot tub, sauna, and male and female locker rooms with showers and lockers for our patrons. There is also a shower on the pool deck for rinsing off before going into the pool and after leaving the pool.
We are currently seeking several part time lifeguards to start immediately! Must have current lifeguard certification from one or more of the following: American Red Cross, StarGuard, Ellis and Associates, YMCA
Lifeguard ensure the safety of the patrons by actively maintaining surveillance during shifts and responding promptly to emergencies; work as a team with facility staff to maintain a safe and positive atmosphere with clients. Lifeguards must be reliable and mature and provide excellent customer service to customers.
Part-time; mornings, evenings and weekends.
We are looking for CERTIFIED Lifeguards with the following skills and abilities:
* Ability to learn and respond quickly and follow directions
* Physically able to easily perform rescues, CPR, First Aid (will be tested)
* Good customer service skills and a team player; friendly & interactive with staff and patrons
* Respects the facilities rules and regulations
* Resourceful and communicative with staff and supervisors
* Can follow the job description with minimal intervention and operate shifts with ease
* Reliable and ready to work
* Professional in the workplace
* Work block schedule up to 6 hours
* Must be capable of standing for up to 1 hour at a time
* Communicates rules and regulations to patrons without hesitation
* Above all is concerned with patron and staff safety
* Works well with authority; can accept and utilize constructive criticism
* All applicants will need to be able to pass a thorough background check
Entry Level: Starting at $11.50/hr DOE
If interested, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at 360.675.7665.
Position Open Until Filled